Hello, I’m Lara
I’m a User Experience Designer from London
For the past 10+ years I’ve been helping clients improve their products, increase customer engagement and conversion rates.
I’m often working in a fast paced agile environment and to tight deadlines to create innovative and creative solutions to a variety of UI problems, always focusing on the end user and their needs.
More About Me
Having started my career as a Business Analyst and Project Manager, I decided that my real passion is in crafting positive and engaging user experiences to help people and businesses achieve their goals. So in 2008 I completed an MSc in Human Computer Interaction with Ergonomics at University College London. This has given me great grounding in user experience theory and methods and designing experiences people love.
Since my Masters, I have worked agency and client side on a variety of projects in the travel, transport, tech, e-commerce, media and healthcare sectors with extensive experience designing mobile applications for iOS, Android and Windows.
Skills & Experience
I love working and collaborating with various teams from senior stakeholders, product managers and developers to create great products that meet the objectives of the business and its users. I realise that each client and project is different; therefore I’m flexible in my approach.
- Working within lean and agile processes
- Managing stakeholder and requirements gathering workshops
- Facilitating collaborative design sessions
- Collaborating with different teams to identify existing issues and new opportunities
- Reviewing UI designs and completing expert reviews
- Designing interaction flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Planning and moderating user testing
- Applying research findings and analytics to improve designs
- Working within business and technical constraints to provide effective and usable solutions
- Working with internal and external teams, face to face or remotely
- Product and project management experience
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior designers